Inside Kimmy's Mind » Update on Közi

Update on Közi

So we brought him home on Friday!! And he is doing much better now that he is.

So we picked him up at 7:30 am. We waited while they finished with the paper work and then finally we were escorted to a room where the nurse talked about how he hasn’t been eating and that if he doesn’t eat by Saturday then we would have to bring him so they could force feed him. If he doesn’t he it could result in liver failure. >.< So it is quite serious. She asked one of us to come and retrieve him because he was still being very aggressive to the doctors/nurses and she wasn’t his favorite person. So I volunteered and followed her to the back. She tried to corner him in his kennel and was hoping to force him into his carrier. He started growling and hissing at her and retreated further into the corner of the kennel. She sighed and got up to look for the kitty gloves. So after she walked away, I decided to give a more delicate approach. I kneeled down and called his name. He immediately perked up and came to the front of the kennel. I kept talking to him and petting his head. I put the carrier in front of him hoping he would get in on his own. He kept trying to go around it to get to me. It was the cutest thing in the world. He recognized me and knew that I meant home. I rubbed his chin and he rested his head on my hand. It was as if he was saying, “I know you. Please take me home.” My heart melted when I saw the the look on his face. He doesn’t really have expressions but right then and then he did. I tried putting the carrier in front of him again and he finally understood what I wanted him to do. He started going into the carrier himself but was having trouble. I didn’t want to touch his backside because I didn’t want to hurt or alarm him. So I pulled him by his upper body and slowly slid him inside. I thought he would have put up more of a fight but he knew I was there to take him home. The nurse came back with the gloves and said, “Oh he loves you.” I’m sure she was just glad that she didn’t have to touch him. Not sure if Közi scratched or bit any of the nurses he’s never used his claws on humans before so I’d be surprised if he did. I rejoined my father and sister and the nurse then gave us instructions and his medication. The ride home took awhile but he slept most of the way. Once we got home he came out of the carrier and started walking around the house. Even though he spent most of his days outside we occasionally brought him inside and he would snuggle with who ever was around. We prepared a corner for him and tried feeding him. He ate a few pieces of kibble and then a bit of ham but still it wasn’t enough. He has to stay inside for the next couple of weeks so I went with my mother to buy a litter box and a kennel so we can make sure he won’t get into anything while everyone is sleeping. He has to use special paper like litter because the other kind might irritate his wounds.

Oh I guess I should mention that I still had my road test to take that day and….I PASSED!!! I officially have my license. Now if only I could already be an excellent driver. -.- If only I could get rid of my fear of driving in Houston.

Mija and I had to return to Houston that same day. I felt bad leaving Kat with the responsibility of taking care of  Közi but I’m happy to report that he did much better Saturday. He ate more and he used the restroom. He even sleeps in his kennel. He is such a well behaved cat, I’m sure he was only aggressive at the hospital because he was unhappy and in pain. Once he was in a familiar place he was able to relax because he knew he was safe. I’m just glad he is eating. I love this cat!!! In 14 days we do have to take him back so they can take out the sutures. I didn’t want to have to take him before we had to. 

So before the incident I had filmed and was editing a haul video. I finally finished it up today and now can upload and share it. I tried not to make it too long but that is hard to do when it comes to hauls. Classes start on Monday and I am excited. I’m also excited to hang out with friends Thursday night. I will be going to Poison Girl for the Poison Pen reading series. I haven’t been able to attend all summer so I’m happy that there is one the first week of classes. Monday and Wednesday I have one class from 4 to 5:30 and then Tuesday and Thursdays I have two. One class starts and 1 and finishes at 2:30 and then the second one is also from 4 to 5:30. I’m happy that I have time available for my internship. I’m attending the meeting this coming Wednesday. I will be meeting the new editors so I’m a bit nervous. But hopefully my past experience with the journal will help me snag a spot on the team. 😀

Thanks so much for the kind comments in my last post. I really appreciate them and I’m so glad that you understood where I was coming from. I hope everyone is well, and if you’re going back to school what is something that you look forward to a new school year? And if you are not in school, then what is something you are looking forward to this week?

Thanks for reading. <3


  1. Melanie Said:

    on August 27, 2012 at 7:49 am

    So glad to hear that Kozi is doing better! And congrats on getting your drivers license! I’m still trying to get my bf to get his haha

  2. Kim Said:

    on August 30, 2012 at 10:57 am

    @Melanie, Me too. Only 11 more days and he can get his sutures out. I can’t wait to bathe him. XDThanks for reading and commenting. :3

  3. Tami Rebekah Said:

    on August 30, 2012 at 10:31 am

    Sweet little kitty cat!!! Love that!! And yes.. driving in Houston is scary!! I just drove through it Monday.. yuck.

  4. Kim Said:

    on August 30, 2012 at 11:01 am

    @Tami Rebekah, He is very sweet. 🙂 I’m so glad that he is recovering. Houston roads can be scary but that can be true for any road. I just wish I was a confident driver. Thanks for reading and commenting.

  5. Robin Said:

    on August 31, 2012 at 4:58 pm

    Congratulations on getting the license! And I’m glad that Kozi is doing better.

  6. kim Said:

    on September 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm

    @Robin, Thanks so much. Yeah, I’m still amazed that I finally have a license now. It’s been a long time coming. Thanks for reading and commenting. :3

  7. Miki Said:

    on October 8, 2012 at 12:15 pm

    Awe, how’s your kitty doing now? Hope he’s fully recovered! I’m a cat lover myself, so I know how upsetting it can be to have a sick kitty :/. I feel so lucky to have been able to brink my little black one, Dimitri, from Argentina when I moved to America last year :D. Life would be so much harder without him!

    And I watched the whole video, couldn’t stop watching it, hehe. You’re absolutely cute! Love everything you bought and I love your accent. Well, I don’t know if you actually have a particular accent, haha, but as a non-native speaker of English, I really enjoy listening to people from different places speak the language ;).

    Am I commenting on the right post now … ? I think so, hahaha! :p

  8. kim Said:

    on October 11, 2012 at 1:53 am

    @Miki, XD
    You are just fantastic. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.
    And I think everyone has an accent in away. I don’t notice my own accent but I’m sure I have one. I’m from Texas, so I know I have a twang every now and then.

    And yup you got the right post. :3

{ RSS feed for comments on this post} · { TrackBack URL }

Leave a Comment